DIY REALTOR SEO Guide #6: Advanced Content Promotion Strategies
Written by Chris Adams | posted in DIY SEO Guide | 1 Comment
With the advanced content promotion strategies we will take advantage of some of the biggest social media sites on the web. These sites have the potential to bring in enormous amounts of traffic and really help our your SEO, but also require some more time on your part.
- Time Commitment: 3 hours/week
- Projected Expenses: $0
Apply these action steps…
- Every time you add a new blog post on your blog
- Every time you add a new blog post on a guest blog
- Every time you post a new article to an article directory
- To the blog post where you left a new blog comment
Action Steps EXPLAINED
1. Create Accounts on These Sites
When creating these account follow these general guidelines: be honest, use your real name, a picture of you, a brief bio, and consider keywords in the account name. For example a Posterous account with a keyword in the account name would be: shortsalespecialist.posterous.com. If you already have an account on any of these accounts then don’t worry about creating a second.
2. Post to WordPress.com and Tumblr
- Post a 3+ sentence excerpt about : (a) your new blog post (b) your new guest blog post, (c) an article you posted to an article directory, or (d) a blog comment you left on another blog post
- Add 1 link after the excerpt that links back to the original blog post (or original article)
- Add 1 link after the excerpt that links back to any page on your website (i.e. home page, contact page, MLS search page)
- Directions: How to post to WordPress.com and Realtown (click here)
Don’t copy and paste the original blog post over to any of these accounts, otherwise you risk duplicate content penalties with the search engines.
3. Bookmark on Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit
- Bookmark the URL: (a) of your new blog post (b) of the guest blog post, (c) of an article you posted on an article directory, or (d) of the blog post where you left a blog comment
- Directions: How to Bookmark on Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit (click here)
- Don’t get banned! Click here to learn how.