DIY Realtor SEO Guide #8: Your Real Estate Blog
Written by Chris Adams | posted in DIY SEO Guide | 1 Comment
The process of building backlinks to your website is great, but you’ll also need to be doing something on your site as well to keep the visitors coming back on a consistent basis. Which means you need a blog. A blog is intimidating, especially knowing that you’ll need to be creating new posts on a consistent basis. But don’t let that hold you back, check out the action steps below to help you start and maintain a blog.
- Time Commitment: 1 hour/week
- Projected Expenses: $0
- Want the the printable check sheet? Leave a comment at the end of this post!
Action Steps EXPLAINED
1. Write & Post 2 New Articles Each Month
- Write the first 2 articles ASAP and post a new article to your blog every 2 weeks
- Continue writing two new blog posts each month
- Make sure you are posting the articles to your blog and not an ActiveRain blog or anything of that nature, otherwise you will not be building up your website
- Can this be outsourced? While we don’t recommend outsourcing your blog posts it is not out of the question, click here to learn more about outsourcing.
Common Questions & Problems
- I don’t know what to write about: Email me for the giant list of topics.
- I’m not a good writer! You might not be a Shakespeare, but many people are interested in your unique perspective (especially prospective clients).
- I can’t spell or my grammar sucks! You have colleagues, friends, parents, siblings, cousins, children, etc. Send them a copy, ask for a review of the spelling and grammar.
2. Apply Content Promotion Strategies