DIY Realtor SEO Guide #9: Guest Blogging
Written by Chris Adams | posted in DIY SEO Guide | 1 Comment
Of all the strategies that we have discussed thus far, guest blogging is one of the toughest, but simultaneously extremely valuable. Not only does guest blogging provide some great backlinks to your website it will also bring over a good amount of traffic as well.
Guest Blogging Overview
- Time Commitment: 4 hours/month
- Projected Expenses: $0
- Freebie: Huge list of 100+ real estate bloggers that are open to guest blog posts (email me for a copy)
- Want the printable check sheet? Leave a comment on this post below!
Depending upon the guest blog for which you write, you could see anywhere between a few new visitors to thousands of visitors in one day. These visitors in turn may convert into clients, and may like your content so much, they link back to it from their website, or become repeat visitors.
Action Steps EXPLAINED
When to Start Guest Blogging?
- Start guest blogging once your own blog has two months worth of blog posts (i.e. around 4 posts).
- Why wait? Give the traffic that is brought over from the other blog a reason to bookmark your blog and link back to your blog. If they don’t see any blog posts on your site they may never come back.
1. Become a Guest Blogger for
- WannaNetwork.com: click here for the guest blogger guidelines and contact form
- BiggerPockets.com: click here for the guest blogger guidelines and contact form
- Becoming a guest blogger for BiggerPockets is different than creating a Member Blog (as outlined in the Content Promotion Strategies)
- P.S. We’re not affiliated with either site
2. Encourage Relationships With Other Bloggers
- Sign up with MyBlogGuest.com (click here) to encourage other bloggers to provide you with free guest blog posts on your blog
- Finding Potential Guest Blogs on MyBlogGuest: Find bloggers interested in receiving your guest posts by going to the “Looking for a guest for my blog” section of the Forum and contacting those members interested
3. Find Blogs to Guest Post On
- Email me for a copy of our huge list of real estate blogs that are open to guest blog posts
- Pick at least 24 real estate blogs from the downloaded list
- Email or call the blog owner using their contact form or email address if available. What should your email say? Click here to view a couple email templates and tips
What to Write?
- Email us for our giant list of topics
- Most bloggers are going to want articles that are very focused to their audience. Sometimes the blogger will give you some topic hints, other times it’s up to you to read through their blog to find topics and ideas.
4. Guest Blog Post Creation
- Create and post on a different guest blog every 2 weeks for 12 months
- The article should be at least 400 words in length (some bloggers require more)
- Guest blog posts need to be of the highest quality – an article so good you would be tempted to post on your own blog
- If you are a skilled writer then you should write these yourself, for everyone else, we recommend outsourcing the writing ( click here to learn more)
- Include an image along with the guest blog post. A great place to find free images is Flickr Creative Commons (click here). These images are free to use, but make sure you give the original photographer credit either by linking back to their Flickr profile or adding a caption to the photo.
- Keep a spreadsheet of all the URLs of your guest blog posts (this will help with Action Step 4)
5. Apply Content Promotion Strategies